Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Skins and Fantasy Football

In our 10-team league, Portis fell to the middle of the second round, which I found a bit surprising. I picked up Santana Moss in the 11th round with pick #102 and needing a TE to round out the roster, drafted Chris Cooley in the 12th round with pick #119.

I would have loved to pick up Kerry Collins and should have done so in the 5th round but I didn't know he was still available. I was drafting remotely with the commish helping me make selections with general guidelines of my draft strategy while I happened to be at dinner with some friends. I picked up Mike Anderson in round 5 and Collins got picked up 3 picks later (to the commish, no less). Then I compete against commish in week 1 and Collins throws 3 TDs and scores 20 points on me.

Nevertheless, I feel good about the roster I compiled even if it was remote. We play 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, and 1 TE. My picks, in order:

Tomlinson - Chargers
Barber - Giants
TO - Eagles
Arrington - Cards
M. Anderson - Broncos
D. Jackson - Seahawks
Boldin - Cards
Warner - Cards
McNair - Titans
Staley - Steelers
Moss - Skins
Cooley - Skins
Houshmandzadeh - Bengals

Cooley probably won't get more than 400 yards and 6 TDs. Moss has the potential of going for 1100-1200 yards and 8 TDs. I predict Patten will end up just shy of 1000 yards and 5 TDs. Between them, Thrash and Jacobs will probably combine for 500 yards and 4 TDs.

This could be a big year for Portis. If he stays healthy and the line stays healthy (both of which are always big IFs in the Not For Long league), he should be able to get his 1500 yards, depending on how much he's spelled by Betts.

1 comment:

Jarvis said...

Starting the Skins D should have worked out decent for you, depending on your scoring system. They had a couple takeaways, a couple sacks, and only allowed 7 pts. The sad thing is that it should have been a shutout since the TD came after a special teams fumble.